Who Is NAREB?
The National Association of Real Estate Brokers, Inc. (NAREB) was founded in Tampa, Florida, in 1947 as an equal opportunity and civil rights advocacy organization for African American real estate professionals, consumers, and communities in America. The purpose of NAREB is to enhance the economic improvement of its members, the community at large, and the minority community which it serves. To unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate industry including brokerage, management, mortgage financing, appraising, land development, home building, and allied fields for the purpose of exerting influence on real estate interests. Although composed principally of African Americans, the REALTIST© organization embraces all qualified real estate practitioners who are committed to achieving our vision, which is “Democracy in Housing”.
The Alabama Association of Real Estate Brokers is an equal opportunity and civil rights advocacy organization for African American real estate professionals, consumers, and communities in Alabama and is comprised of local boards from Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville and Montgomery, Alabama. Alabama Realtists of AAREB have led the way with spearheading legislation, products and services that directly impact its members, communities and underserved populations and the entire real estate industry since NAREB's inception.
10 Reasons Why We Are Realtists:
- 74 years of promoting "Democracy in Housing" & Advocacy for Black homeownership
- Business development opportunities
- Activism for access to credit
- Community outreach
- Financial literacy resources
- Influence for local, state and national legislative and regulatory reforms
- Helping to build generational wealth
- iLeadership development
- Strong, established relationships with other real estate trade groups, civil rights organizations and fair and equal housing advocates
- Four statewide and 90+ national local boards that serve as referral source